I've compiled a shortlist of best practices for internal alignment and engagement. I've seen these work, over and over again, in successful growth companies.
- 9 Box talent review: Performance vs Potential
- Tour of Duty conversations / CEO 1-1
- Weekly check-ins: 3-5 bullets this week/last week
- Quarterly executive level meetings / big picture topics
- Annual leadership offsite: 1-2 levels
- Where are we going? How will we get there? How are we doing?
- Leadership development for 2nd level
- 360 developmental feedback
- Seeking multiple outside perspectives: coaching/consultation/advisory for CEO
- Bi-annual all hands meetings: presentations from all levels
- Weekly exec sync lunches (call-in when necessary)
- Behavioral-based interviewing: focus not just on what they can do, but also how they do it. Highlight the ability to deal successfully with ambiguity.
- Vigorous attention to conflict management and decision making options
Discipline, accountability and commitment to process. There's no secret formula, but there is a proven path that creates and aligns your internal strategies to support external growth.
Are there holes in your processes?